Canton Middle School
Fall Sports 2018
Athletics are open to any 6th, 7th, or 8th grader who meets the academic and attendance requirements of the NC High School Athletic Association. (Exception: 6th grade may not participate in Football)
Volleyball-Tryouts will begin on Monday, August 6th from 8am until 10am in the B Building Gym.
Football (7th & 8th Grade)-Practice will begin on Monday, August 6th at 8am until 10am.
Boys Soccer-Tryouts will begin on Monday, August 13th from 3pm until 5pm.
Cross Country-Practice will begin on Tuesday, August 21st after school at 3:15pm until 4:15pm.
See Individual Sports Pages For More Detailed Information
Requirements to participate (NC Rules):
- Must have had a physical dated within the past year. (This must remain on file with the school)
- Concussion Statement on file, within the past year.
- Must have passed 3 of the 4 required courses for promotion from the previous semester
- Must have been in attendance at least 85% of the previous semester (No more than 13 absences)
- Must pay a one-time athletic participation fee of $60.00 per year, once you are part of the team.
For each new school year ALL student athletes are required to purchase a supplemental insurance policy provided through the school system. The cost is calculated in the one-time per year athletic participation fee. This policy is a requirement for athletes who make teams; it is not a requirement for tryouts. Yearly cost $60.00.
SPORTS PHYSICALS INFORMATION
For each year ALL student athletes are required to have an updated sports physical on file with the CMS athletic department. Students cannot participate in any tryouts or practices until this physical, and concussion statement is turned in.
If you have questions please call the school office at 646-3467.