Canton Middle School
2019 Fall Sports
Football-Practice will begin on Tuesday, August 6th (Practice schedules will be given out at first practice)
Volleyball Tryouts will begin on Wednesday, August 7th from 3:00-5:00pm (B-Building Gym)
Soccer Tryouts will being on Monday, August 12th from 3:00-5:00pm
Cross County will have their first practice on Wednesday, August 21st after school till 4:30
Athletics are open to any 6th, 7th, or 8th grader who meets the academic and attendance requirements of the NC High School Athletic Association. (Exception: 6th grade may not participate in Football)
Requirements to participate (NCHSAA Rules):
- Must have had a physical dated within the past year. (This must remain on file with the school)
- Concussion Statement on file, within the past year.
- Must have passed 3 of the 4 required courses for promotion from the previous semester
- Must have been in attendance at least 85% of the previous semester (No more than 13 absences)
- Must pay a one time athletic participation fee of $35.00 per year, once you are part of the team.
For each new school year ALL student athletes are required to purchase a supplemental insurance policy provided through the school system. The cost is calculated in the one time per year athletic participation fee of $35.00. (Total cost of Insurance $15 and Athletic/Travel Fee $20) This policy is a requirement for athletes who make teams; it is not a requirement for tryouts.
SPORTS PHYSICALS INFORMATION
For each year ALL student athletes are required to have an updated sports physical on file with the CMS athletic department. Students cannot participate in any tryouts or practices until this physical, and concussion statement is turned in.