Athletics are open to any 7th or 8th grader who meets the NC eligibility requirements.
Requirements to participate (NC Rules):
- Must have had a physical dated within the past year. (This must remain on file with the school)
- Concussion Statement on file, within the past year.
- Must have passed 3 of the 4 required courses for promotion from the previous semester
- Must have been in attendance at least 85% of the previous semester (No more than 13 absences)
- Must pay a one time athletic participation fee of $60.00 per year, once you are part of the team.
For each new school year ALL student athletes are required to purchase a supplemental insurance policy provided through the school system. The cost is calculated in the one time per year athletic participation fee. This policy is a requirement for athletes who make teams; it is not a requirement for tryouts.
SPORTS PHYSICALS INFORMATION
For each year ALL student athletes are required to have an updated sports physical on file with the CMS athletic department. Students cannot participate in any tryouts or practices until this physical, and concussion statement is turned in.
If you have questions please call the school office at 646-3467.
Steve Ledford – Athletic Director
Fall 2016 Sports Tryouts:
Football- Starts on Monday, August 1st at 2:30 until 5pm.
Volleyball-Tryouts will begin on Monday, August 8th from 9am until 12 noon
Boys Soccer-Tryouts will begin on Wednesday, August 18th from 3-5pm
Cross Country-Cross Country will begin on Wednesday, August 24th after school.
Please see these sports individual pages for more information.
Finding Directions to the Games
How to Get Directions to CMS Athletic Events
Click above to watch the video!
Winter Sports 2016-17
Teams and Head Coaches
- Boys’ Soccer – Ricky Warren
- Cheerleading – Heather Boyd
- Cross Country – Jennifer Williamson
- Football – Josh Simmons
- Volleyball – Juli Weaver
- Baseball – TBA
- Girls’ Soccer – Ricky Warren
- Golf – Josh Simmons
- Softball – TBA
- Track and Field – Doug Wilson