*** An Announcement will be made regarding summer workouts on June 12th.
Athletics are open to any 6th, 7th, or 8th grader who meets the academic and attendance requirements of the NC High School Athletic Association. (Exception: 6th grade may not participate in Football)
Requirements to participate (NC Rules):
- Must have had a physical dated within the past year. (This must remain on file with the school)
- Concussion Statement on file, within the past year.
- Must have passed 3 of the 4 required courses for promotion from the previous semester
- Must have been in attendance at least 85% of the previous semester (No more than 13 absences)
- Must pay a one time athletic participation fee of $35.00 per year, once you are part of the team.
For each new school year ALL student athletes are required to purchase a supplemental insurance policy provided through the school system. The cost is calculated in the one time per year athletic participation fee. This policy is a requirement for athletes who make teams; it is not a requirement for tryouts. Yearly cost $35.00.
SPORTS PHYSICALS INFORMATION
For each year ALL student athletes are required to have an updated sports physical on file with the CMS athletic department. Students cannot participate in any tryouts or practices until this physical, and concussion statement is turned in.
If you have questions please call the school office at 646-3467.
Steve Ledford – Athletic Director
Fall Sports Pictures:
Printable Schedules 2020 – 2021
Finding Directions to the Games
How to Get Directions to CMS Athletic Events
Click above to watch the video!
Teams and Head Coaches
- Boys’ Soccer – Ricky Warren
- Cheerleading – Heather Boyd
- Cross Country – Jennifer Williamson
- Football – Steve Ledford
- Volleyball – Katie Sorrells
- Baseball – Billy Carver
- Girls’ Soccer – Ricky Warren
- Golf – Steve Ledford
- Softball –
- Track and Field – Doug Wilson & Jennifer Williamson