Athletics are open to any 7th or 8th grader who meets the NC eligibility requirements.
Requirements to participate (NC Rules):
- Must have had a physical dated within the past year. (This must remain on file with the school)
- Concussion Statement on file, within the past year.
- Must have passed 3 of the 4 required courses for promotion from the previous semester
- Must have been in attendance at least 85% of the previous semester (No more than 13 absences)
- Must pay a one time athletic participation fee of $60.00 per year, once you are part of the team.
For each new school year ALL student athletes are required to purchase a supplemental insurance policy provided through the school system. The cost is calculated in the one time per year athletic participation fee. This policy is a requirement for athletes who make teams; it is not a requirement for tryouts.
SPORTS PHYSICALS INFORMATION
For each year ALL student athletes are required to have an updated sports physical on file with the CMS athletic department. Students cannot participate in any tryouts or practices until this physical, and concussion statement is turned in.
If you have questions please call the school office at 646-3467.
Steve Ledford – Athletic Director
Summer Sports Camps 2017
Boy’s Basketball Clinic: June 12th: 3-6pm; June 13th-15th: 9am-12:00
Volleyball Camp: June 13th-15th: 1-4pm
Girls Basketball Skills Camp: June 26th-29th: 3-6pm
Soccer Camp: June 26th-30th: 9am-12:00
Football Skills Camp: July 24th-27th: 5-8pm
Fall 2017 Sports Tryouts:
Please see these sports individual pages for more information.
Finding Directions to the Games
How to Get Directions to CMS Athletic Events
Click above to watch the video!
Winter Sports 2017-18
Teams and Head Coaches
- Boys’ Soccer – Ricky Warren
- Cheerleading – Heather Boyd
- Cross Country – Jennifer Williamson
- Football – Josh Simmons
- Volleyball – Juli Weaver
- Baseball – TBA
- Girls’ Soccer – Ricky Warren
- Golf – Josh Simmons
- Softball – TBA
- Track and Field – Doug Wilson